Machine Control, Verification, and Automated Traceability
One of the major changes impacting the electronics assembly process is the increasing market demand for detailed component level traceability throughout each stage of the assembly process. Managing the myriad complexities involved in achieving accurate component traceability, at the most detailed level, requires an automated and cost-effective approach for meeting customer expectations, while minimizing costs, human intervention and headcount.
Optimal Electronics’ powerful Optel Manufacturing Execution System (MES) provides comprehensive capabilities for accurate work order level, panel level, and component circuit level traceability by interfacing directly with SMT placement machines on the production line. Optel enables online setup verification to be fully automated, ensuring that the correct parts are loaded into the correct SMT machine slots. With the Optel system, your manufacturing operation can also leverage automated capabilities for real-time component cycle counting and advanced parts outage warnings to significantly reduce machine downtime and increase production output.
The Optel system provides instant access to date and lot code information for every component within a work order. Optel’s component level traceability, with the serialization option, enables the identification of components installed, per reference designator, on individual circuit assemblies. With Optel’s serialized circuit assemblies option, reference designator traceability data is automatically captured for all circuit assemblies. These detailed traceability capabilities provide the precise control needed to allow you to effectively meet quality standards specifications.
Component Traceability Features:
- Real-time communication and feeder verification
- Complete component traceability report for each reference designator
- Automatic component cycle counting after each panel on each module
- Automatic download and saving of machine performance data
- Real-time graphical interface for machine performance monitoring
- Real-time scrap data collection
- Excess scrap warning, visual for the operator and via e-mail for supervisors
- Support for reel splicing
- Feeders common between jobs stay verified after changeover
- Setup verification history report
- Component consumption and attrition tracking
- Advanced component outage warning
Online Setup Features:
- Initial setup verification
- Feeder changeover verification
- Print setup configuration
- Viewing for setup and material history
- Machine status